- Salary Dependant on Qualifications and Experience
- Full Time Fixed Term until 30/12/2019
- CBD Location, Close to Public Transport
William Angliss Institute is the Government endorsed specialist-training provider for the foods, tourism, hospitality and events industries and is recognised as Australia’s leading provider of training for these key industry sectors. The Institute aims to provide excellent vocational education and training services for industry, students and government in Victoria, Australia and globally.
We are seeking an experienced culinary instructor who has specialty skills in bread making alongside strong connections with the bakery industry. This position will be engaged in the delivery and development of the new Bakery training package commencing in 2019.
- Provide excellent teaching and assessment for the benefit of students, their employers and industry within the guidelines of the Tourism, Hospitality and Events Training Package in the area of Patisserie and Bakery.
- Develop resources and assessment tools to support this delivery and develop and maintain relationships with industry and key government bodies.
- Actively maintain and share current personal knowledge and skills in vocational industry practice and teaching/ pedagogy.
- Comply with the legal requirements, expressed through the Institute’s policies and procedures, applicable to teaching and assessing at William Angliss Institute.
To be eligible to apply you must have:
- A vocational qualification in a relevant vocational area in either Certificate III or IV in Patisserie and/or Bakery and approved industry experience.
- A minimum teaching qualification of Certificate IV Training and Assessment (TAE40110) and evidence of enrolment towards completion of the following TAE units prior to 1st January 2019:
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills or TAELLN401A Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills; and
- TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools or TAEASS502A Design and develop assessment tools or TAEASS502B Design and develop assessment tools.
- Demonstrated ability and experience to plan, teach and assess in a range of units
- Knowledge of current trends in the Hospitality industry particularly within the Baking & Patisserie sector and a network of industry contacts
- Demonstrated behaviours that align with the William Angliss Institute Values
- A current Working with Children Check
Application close date: Tuesday 25th September 2018 at 3pm
How to Apply
Click on the “Apply for this job” link and submit the following documentation as part of your application:
- cover letter;
- resume; and
- document addressing each of the Key Selection Criteria (KSC)
The KSC are located on page 5 of the position description. Please note that only applications that address the KSC will be eligible for consideration.
For enquires regarding this role, please contact Angela Tsimiklis Program Leader Patisserie and Bakery Programs on (03) 9606 2651 or email@example.com
William Angliss Institute is a Child Safe organisation and we therefore require all successful candidates for teaching positions and other identified roles to submit a Working with Children Check card prior to commencement of employment.
The Institute is fully supportive of the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. Applications from Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged.
A full list of employment opportunities with William Angliss Institute can be found at http://www.angliss.edu.au/about/employment-at-angliss
For assistance applying online phone (03) 9606 2310.