- Salary Dependant on Qualifications and Experience
- Part Time (30.4 hours per week) Fixed Term Position until Dec 19
William Angliss Institute is the Government endorsed specialist training provider for the foods, tourism, hospitality and events industries and is recognised as Australia’s leading provider of training for these key industry sectors. The Institute aims to provide excellent vocational education and training services for industry, students and government in Victoria, Australia and globally.
An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and experienced Aviation Trainer to join the Sydney Campus.
- Provide excellent teaching and assessment for the benefit of students, their employers and industry within the guidelines of the Tourism Travel and Hospitality Training Package.
- Actively maintain and share current personal knowledge and skills in vocational industry practice and teaching/ pedagogy.
- Develop resources and assessment tools to support the delivery and to maintain relationships with industry and key government bodies.
- Work as a team member and teach within the Sydney Campus.
To be eligible to apply you must have:
- A minimum vocational qualification of a Certificate III in Aviation or the ability to obtain this qualification through recognition of prior learning (RPL).
- Approved industry/vocational experience (minimum of 5 years cabin crew experience) and proven currency within the Aviation Industry.
- Minimum teaching qualification of Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116 or equivalent).
- Demonstrated ability and experience to plan, teach and assess in a range of units in the Tourism, Hospitality and Events training package or accredited curriculum, in the areas of Aviation.
- Ability to research and develop appropriate teaching/training materials and methods of assessment, and adapt delivery and assessment to meet student needs using appropriate technology in a diverse teaching environment.
- Knowledge of current trends in the Aviation industry and a network of industry contacts.
- Demonstrated behaviours that align with the William Angliss Institute Values.
A current NSW Working with Children Check is required prior to commencement.
Application close date: Thursday 28 March 2019 at 3pm
How to Apply
Click on the “Apply for this job” link and submit the following documentation as part of your application:
- cover letter;
- resume; and
- document addressing each of the Key Selection Criteria (KSC)
The KSC are located on page 4 of the position description. Please note that only applications that address the KSC will be eligible for consideration.
For enquires regarding this role, please contact Ray Petts, Manager Training NSW on (02) 9125 5180.
William Angliss Institute is a Child Safe organisation and we therefore require all successful candidates for teaching positions and other identified roles to submit a Working with Children Check card prior to commencement of employment.
The Institute is fully supportive of the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. Applications from Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged.
A full list of employment opportunities with William Angliss Institute can be found at https://www.angliss.edu.au/about/careers-at-angliss/
For assistance applying online phone (03) 9606 2310.