- Maternity Leave Position
- CBD Location, Monthly RDO Option Available
- Commencement Salary $63,678 p.a. plus superannuation (pro rata)
William Angliss Institute is the Government endorsed Specialist Training Provider for the Foods, Tourism, Hospitality and Events industries and is recognised as Australia's leading provider of Training for these key industry sectors.
Offering a broad range of responsibilities the role provides critical financial support to the business in a complex multi entity environment within the education sector.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a technically strong finance professional to join the Finance team at William Angliss Institute as a Corporate Accountant on a maternity leave replacement for approximately 7 months.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Accounting for the activities of multiple subsidiary companies including: general ledger maintenance and month end accounting responsibilities
- Accounting for inter-entity transactions and loans
- Processing of FX gains, losses and translations
- Preparation and completion of BAS and GST requirements
- Fixed Asset Accounting and Capital Expenditure Reporting
- Stock Accounting
- Assisting with consolidation and preparation of statutory accounts including preparation of notes to accounts and relevant disclosures
- Contributing to business process improvement through the review of existing processes and identification of opportunities for improvement
The successful applicant will have a tertiary qualification in accounting or finance and be progressing or recently completed their CPA/CA qualifications.
Also required is a sound working knowledge of accounting standards and the ability to demonstrate strong relevant experience along with effective interpersonal and written communication skills and strong IT and Excel skills.
A National Police Check is required prior to commencement.
Applications close: Monday 22nd April at 5pm
Any enquiries regarding this role should be directed to Michael Ninkovic, Financial Accountant (03) 9606 2359.
How to Apply
Click on the “Apply for this job” link and submit the following documentation as part of your application:
- cover letter;
- resume; and
- document addressing each of the Key Selection Criteria (KSC)
*The KSC are located on page 5 of the position description. Please note that only applications that address the KSC will be eligible for consideration.
William Angliss Institute is a Child Safe organisation and we therefore require all successful candidates for teaching positions and other identified roles to submit a Working with Children Check card prior to commencement of employment.
The Institute is fully supportive of the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. Applications from Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged.
A full list of employment opportunities with William Angliss Institute can be found at http://www.angliss.edu.au/about/employment-at-angliss
For assistance applying online phone (03) 9606 2450.