- Commencement Salary $60,339 p.a. plus Superannuation
- Monthly RDO Option and other Staff benefits
- Full time, ongoing position
William Angliss Institute is the Government endorsed specialist training provider for the foods, tourism, hospitality and events industries and is recognised as Australia’s leading provider of training for these key industry sectors. The Institute aims to provide excellent vocational education and training services for industry, students and government in Victoria, Australia and internationally.
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and committed individual to join the Students Opportunities team as a Student Engagement Officer at William Angliss Institute on a full-time ongoing basis. The Student Engagement Officer will primarily enhance student’s experience and engagement through the student engagement program.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Develop and administer a program of events, student engagement programs and communications with current students.
- Coordinate on and off campus events and tours.
- Promote relevant programs and events to current students.
- Providing advice and assistance to support students clubs, societies and event programs.
- Maintaining the booking process of student lounge, balcony space, poster boards and event equipment.
- Work with team members to deliver services for students, graduates and industry.
- Develop relationships, maintain and engage a network of stakeholders for collaborative projects
The ideal candidate will have:
- A relevant qualification in Events, Marketing, Communications or a related field.
- Significant relevant experience in a communication and events role, ideally within an education setting.
- Proven experience in coordinating events with a proven ability liaising with stakeholders.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills and ability to effectively relay information to students for whom English is not their first language.
- High level of computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft suite. Some experience in web content management systems and social media would be well regarded.
- Well-developed organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
Please note: A Working with Children Check is required prior to commencement.
Applications close: Sunday 22 September at 3:00pm.
How to Apply
Click on the “Apply for this job” link and submit the following documentation as part of your application:
- cover letter;
- resume; and
- document addressing each of the Key Selection Criteria (KSC)
Please note that only applications that address the KSC will be eligible for consideration. The KSC are located on page 5 of the position description.
For enquiries regarding this role contact Elysia Corallo, Student Opportunities Coordinator on (03) 9606 2457.
William Angliss Institute is a Child Safe organisation and we therefore require all successful candidates for teaching positions and other identified roles to submit a Working with Children Check card prior to commencement of employment.
The Institute is fully supportive of the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. Applications from Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
A full list of employment opportunities with William Angliss Institute can be found at https://www.angliss.edu.au/about/careers-at-angliss/
For assistance applying online phone (03) 9606 2486.