- Commencement salary $54,474 p.a. plus superannuation
- Full-time Ongoing Position
- Melbourne CBD location
William Angliss Institute is the Government endorsed specialist training provider for the foods, tourism, hospitality and events industries and is recognised as Australia’s leading provider of training for these key industry sectors. The Institute aims to provide excellent vocational education and training services for industry, students and government in Victoria, Australia and internationally.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and experienced Student Management Officer to join the Centre Food Trades and Culinary Arts on a full-time ongoing basis. The position will assist and provide administration support to the Program Leaders of Commercial Cookery and Patisserie and Bakery.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Maintain and communicate accurate information to students and clients such as enrolments, graduations and class cancellations.
- Assist and provide administrative support to the Program Leaders in monitoring and meeting workflow deadlines in accordance with legislated and campus set dates, such as the Course Schedules.
- Administer ad hoc requests required by the Program Leaders.
- Collaborate with Information Centre and Student Management to develop efficient systems that facilitate the flow of information between these areas.
- Coordinate with equipment log and maintenance and assist with orders for external equipment and asset equipment register for the department.
- Maintain student data and information ensuring it is correctly entered, recorded and archived.
- Provide regular reports to Program Leaders such as absenteeism, classroom student teacher ratios.
- Provide high-level customer service to internal and external clients both in person and over the phone.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience in an administration role preferably within an education setting.
- A relevant qualification in administration will be looked upon favourably.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- A high level of attention to detail, with the ability to prioritise tasks and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated computer skills and proficiency in the Microsoft suite
- Demonstrated ability to understand or proven experience working with a Student management System i.e. SMS
Please note: A Working with Children check will be required prior to commencement
Application close date: Wednesday 23 October 2019 at 12.00 pm.
How to Apply
Click on the “Apply for this job” link and submit the following documentation as part of your application:
- cover letter;
- resume; and
- document addressing each of the Key Selection Criteria (KSC)
The KSC are located on page 5 of the position description. Please note that only applications that address the KSC will be eligible for consideration.
For enquires regarding this role please contact Mark Agius, Manager Centre for Food Trades & Culinary Art on Mark.Agius@angliss.edu.au
William Angliss Institute is a Child Safe organisation and we therefore require all successful candidates for teaching positions and other identified roles to submit a Working with Children Check card prior to commencement of employment.
The Institute is fully supportive of the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. Applications from Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged.
A full list of employment opportunities with William Angliss Institute can be found at https://www.angliss.edu.au/about/careers-at-angliss/
For assistance applying online phone (03) 9606 2486.