- Convenient Melbourne CBD Location
- Monthly Rostered Day Off and flexible work options (up to 2 days p/week WFH on application)
- Be part of a team that has a strong commitment to safety and wellbeing
William Angliss Institute is known as the specialist training provider for the foods, tourism, hospitality, events and hotel management industries, delivering a range of vocational and higher education courses within Australia and internationally.
About the Role:
An exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated, qualified and experienced HR professional to provide specialist advice and expertise in the areas of responsibility including Health & Wellbeing, OH&S and Workers Compensation.
- Commencing Salary: $88,363 p.a + 10% super + annual leave loading
- Time Fraction: 1.0 (38 hours per week)
Position Status: Ongoing
- Manage Health & Wellbeing initiatives and projects
- Coordinate the annual staff engagement survey (People Matters Survey)
- Manage the Occupational Health and Safety function
- Manage Workers’ Compensation claims (currently 5 claims) with a focus on early intervention and supporting return to work
- Provide general HR advice on terms and conditions of employment
View Position Description Here
How to Apply:
Click on the "Apply for this job" link and submit the following:
- A separate document addressing each of the Key Selection Criteria (KSC) that demonstrates your experience against each point below
- A cover letter
- A current resume
Key Selection Criteria:
Note: Only applicants that address the key selection criteria will be considered for this role:
- A relevant degree and post-graduate qualification and experience in Human Resources or lesser formal qualifications with extensive senior advisor experience and expertise in Human Resources.
- Substantial experience in a similar role as a Human Resources generalist with expertise in OH&S, Workers Compensation and Organisational Health & Wellbeing, together with hands on skills using a computerised human resource system is essential (preferably CHRIS).
- Capacity to provide, analyse and interpret Human Resources Management information and reports for management on organisational achievement against a suite of HR targets.
- Sound inter-personal and communication skills both verbal and written, with the ability to provide advice on OHS, Health and Wellbeing and general HR issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work without supervision and sound organisational ability, with the capacity to balance the demands of simultaneous assignments, while maintaining priorities and working towards the Department’s objectives.
- Comprehensive knowledge of awards, EBAs, legislation, employment law, and OHS legislation.
- Advanced knowledge of the MS Office suite, including word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
- Demonstrated behaviours that align with the William Angliss Institute Values.
For enquires regarding this role, please email Michele Clark, Manager People and Capability at Michele.Clark@angliss.edu.au
In order to be appointed to the role the successful candidate will be required to provide evidence that they are fully vaccinated or provide a signed and completed Australian Immunisation Register immunisation medical exemption form to confirm that they are an excepted person in accordance with the Victorian Government’s COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Directions.
William Angliss Institute is a Child Safe organisation and the successful candidate will be required to submit an appropriate Working with Children Check card and National Police Check prior to commencement of employment.
The Institute is fully supportive of the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. Applications from Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged.