- Full Time Ongoing Position
- Monthly RDO and flexible work options (up to 2 days WFH p.w. on application)
- Excellent Employee Benefits
William Angliss Institute is known as the specialist training provider for the foods, tourism, hospitality, events and hotel management industries, delivering a range of vocational and higher education courses within Australia and internationally.
About the Role:
We are seeking an experienced Employee Relations specialist to join our People and Capability team in a full-time ongoing position. Reporting to the Manager, People and Capability, you will be responsible for managing the ER function. Duties include provision of EBA negotiation advice, dispute and complaint management, and employee complaints, underperformance and disciplinary action.
- Commencing Salary: $88,363 p.a + 10% super + annual leave loading
- Time Fraction: 1.0 (38 hours per week)
View Position Description Here
How to Apply:
Click on the "Apply for this job" link and submit the following:
- A separate document addressing each of the Key Selection Criteria (KSC) that demonstrates your experience against each point below
- A cover letter
- A current resume
Key Selection Criteria:
Note: Only applicants that address the key selection criteria will be considered for this role:
- A relevant degree and post-graduate qualification and experience in Human Resources or lesser formal qualifications with extensive advisor experience and expertise in Human Resources and Employee Relations.
- Substantial experience in a similar environment preferably with an emphasis on employee relations including grievance and complaint resolution, staff performance and discipline, managing diversity and EBA interpretation and negotiation support.
- Capacity to provide, analyse and interpret HR data and provide reports on organisational achievement against a suite of HR targets.
- Hands on experience using a computerised human resource system is essential (preferably CHRIS 21 or iCHRIS).
- Sound inter-personal and communication skills both written and verbal, with the ability to provide authoritative and specialist advice on ER and HR issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work without supervision, with the capacity to balance the demands of simultaneous assignments, while maintaining priorities and working towards the Department’s objectives.
- Comprehensive knowledge of awards, EBAs, legislation and employment law and policies.
- Advanced knowledge of the MS Office suite, including word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
- Demonstrated behaviours that align with the William Angliss Institute Values.
- A working with children check and current national police check.
For enquires regarding this role, please email Michele Clark, Manager People and Capability at Michele.Clark@angliss.edu.au
In order to be appointed to the role the successful candidate will be required to provide evidence that they are fully vaccinated or provide a signed and completed Australian Immunisation Register immunisation medical exemption form to confirm that they are an excepted person in accordance with the Victorian Government’s COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Directions.
William Angliss Institute is a Child Safe organisation and the successful candidate will be required to submit an appropriate Working with Children Check card and National Police Check prior to commencement of employment.
The Institute is fully supportive of the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. Applications from Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.